Monday 2 June 2014

Perspective




 So as I said in my last blog

 Mr P and I have had some major criticism thrown our way lately in the lines of doing our job and trying to entertain. It’s been tough, and last week I had a point where I felt very sorry for myself. I felt like no matter how hard I tried I was doomed to fail, I felt alone and unsupported and utterly low.

So, as you often do, I went on facebook!

And at the top of my news feed I found this woman.




Her name is Jodie Barden. She has a daughter called Ella who was diagnosed with Cockayne syndrome. Cockayne syndrome is a rare genetic syndrome characterised by poor growth, premature ageing and learning delays among others.

Cockayne syndrome is fatal, the average life expectancy of a child with this syndrome is 12 years old.

After having Ella, Jodie fell pregnant with another little girl, called Chloe. Chloe has also been born with this condition and was diagnosed in the womb at 27 weeks.

I have never felt so humbled. There was I feeling sorry for myself because I’d had a couple of bad reviews on the internet while doing a job I love in a sunny country with my amazing husband. At the same time Jodie Barden was waking up each morning with the worst knowledge a mother can have, and every day she comes out fighting.

While I was moping that people didn’t like me, Jodie Barden was literally dragging herself through the mud for her little girls.

So I’d just like to say thank you to Jodie for giving me some much needed perspective. Because if Jodie can get up every morning and face the day with strength and determination then how the hell can I ever feel sorry for myself.

Mrs P

X x x x x x x x

P.S. If you would like to donate any money towards research into Cockayne syndrome you can sponsor Jodie at https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/jodiebarden1 for running the Maldon Mud Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment