Monday 19 November 2012

Happiness has 4 legs



Day 7

 

Last night Mr P and I played a little gig at Intimo restaurant, it was really good! We both sang our little hearts out and it went down really well. I was so proud of both of us, it’s nice to know that we’re doing something well. We’ve already had two more bookings!



Today has been a little more like coming back down to Earth. I was hoping to hear back from a day job and haven’t which has made me feel a little low.

The worst part about being stuck at home all day every day is trying to figure out what to do with your days. You can’t go out because going out costs money and you don’t have any of that. Staying in usually means one of two things, cleaning or job hunting online. Both of those things drive me insane.

Today I put on my lippy and channelled my best 50’s housewife impression.

I cleaned.



And cleaned.

It got old...


And cooked.



Then went to tescos... I think I’m going insane.

I hope I hear from that job tomorrow otherwise I think I’m one dirty plate away from a mental breakdown. My days consist of tidying the flat with E4 playing in the background... I now know all the storylines in Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs, Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother and the Big Bang Theory.

Luckily for me I have instant happiness. It has a pointy nose, floppy ears, a waggy tail and 4 legs.

Yes I am one of those people that not only has a dog but is completely and utterly obsessed. I am one cute photo away from pouncing on unsuspecting strangers and forcing them to sit through puppy snaps as my own family has had enough.

It’s a cliché but there really is nothing better for cheering you up than a dog. Especially a whippet. There is nothing happier than a happy whippet. Whippets may be small but they have huge hearts filled with enough love for the whole world. Every time you feel down in the dumps all you have to do is leave the house then come home again. The sound of those 4 paws scurrying towards you followed by the biggest kisses you’ll ever get in your life make everything feel worth it.

Having a pet dog gets you out the house when you’d rather just curl up under the sofa, it also (almost) gives you an excuse for talking to yourself all day. It means that no matter how down and out you feel there is something that will make you feel like the most loved and needed person in the world.

So here’s my little whippety thing – she keeps me going




But, just in case tomorrow threatens to tip me over the edge, does anyone have any suggestions for things me and my lipstick can get out and do?

Mrs P

X x x x x x x x x x

1 comment:

  1. my daughter & i had good fun crunching through leaves today. if you're stuck in, i'd suggest turning off e4 & instead opt for damcing around to your fave feel good music while doing mundane chores. free work out!!

    ReplyDelete