Sunday 25 November 2012

An Open Letter



Day 13


Dear Sir,


I am the “Wife” you met last night. Don’t feel bad, you’re not the first guy I’ve met to have this reaction.

I know that when a man such as you meets a fellow man with a woman in tow the natural reaction is to pretend said woman doesn’t exist. After all what are we women but the properties of whatever poor schmuck we duped into standing at the other end of the aisle.

But, next time, why not have a little think.

Just because I am wearing heels and lipstick and have boobs (pretty good ones too even if I say so myself) it does not mean that you and I will find nothing to talk about.

Wanna talk about fast cars? I love formula 1. Travel? I can tell you the story of my trip across New Zealand, or the time I visited the bars of Budapest or my amazing honeymoon in the Caribbean. Maybe you like dirty jokes – I can make your eyes water. How about drinking? Rack ‘em up and I will see you at sun-up. What about songs of the 50’s? Name a Buddy Holly song, any Buddy Holly song and I will tell you what key it’s in (the answer’s A, it’s always A).

How about Football? Actually.... no I really don’t care about football.

I’m not saying we’re going to have loads in common and become good friends. Hell I’m not even saying that we’ll have things to talk about after ten minutes. But it would be polite to attempt it.

Just try something for me. Next time you meet a woman, even somebody’s wife, just try talking to them for 5 minutes. You may surprise yourself.

And it would save me the hassle of having to prove myself to you, because frankly – I am tired of it.

Lots of Love

The Wife


************************************************



 Today Mr P and I went to the big vintage weekend at the Brentwood Centre – it was great! We performed as Buddy Holly and Connie Francis and got a lot of interest for our little duo. There were a lot of gorgeous girls in gorgeous lipstick running stalls full of gorgeous things. Plus I got some new and amazing heels.



While I was there a woman came up to me and handed me a leaflet advertising burlesque classes. I’m wondering just how brave red lipstick me can be?

I guess we’ll see ;)

Mrs P

X x x x x x x x x  x x

No comments:

Post a Comment