Wednesday 14 November 2012

How to become a gym bunny in one easy step!

Day Two



So, this morning I wake up at 6:30 while Mr P is getting ready for work and make him some lunch (I am just that good a wife!). Now usually after he leaves I get back into bed and snuggle up with the whippet but apparently red lipstick me prefers to be up and doing stuff. I’m not quite sure why.
So - instead of getting back under the covers - this morning I get up, put on my lippy, get on my kit and I head down to the gym. I must admit I felt a little ridiculous putting on my lipstick at 7am just to go to the gym but a little voice in my head piped up and told me not to be ridiculous and that I looked fabulous; (in my head my red lipstick voice is a camp older New York gentleman who has spent the majority of his life on Broadway...).

The funny thing is once I put on the lipstick I catch myself applying mascara, and re-doing my hair... all to go sweat on a treadmill! 


This didn't stop me from being very worried about whether I'd survive a workout at 7.30am



When I first got there I felt a little self-conscious, but once I started working out that feeling quickly dispersed. I’m not as fit as I used to be and I admit 20 minutes of gym followed by 20 minutes swimming isn’t the most strenuous work-out, but it’s a start and it was way more activity than I’d have been doing lying in bed! I got a few strange looks getting into the pool with bright red lippy on but I got over it. I was more worried about keeping up with the little old ladies serenely floating around the pool while I huffed and puffed and floundered around like an overweight Labrador.


I was very impressed that even after a gym and swim session my lipstick stayed put! 
All down to lipcote, amazing stuff



Straight after my gym session I picked up the puppy and got straight out for a one hour dog walk. I had done more activity by 9am than I usually do most of the day!

I’m finding the red lipstick is affecting the way I go about things. This morning on my whippet walk I was way more chatty than I would have been usually, it turns out red lipstick me is more confident than usual me. She’s also good at getting stuff done – today she’s all but completed her Christmas shopping! 

The thing I’m learning so far is that the best way to change things is to change your perception of yourself. It’s all very well and good deciding you’re going to go to the gym three times a week but if you see yourself as someone who’s going to give up as soon as it gets hard you’ll never do it. That’s why all I’m challenging myself to do is wear red lipstick; it’s about changing how I see myself.
Red lipstick me went to the gym this morning because staying in bed would be a waste. She phoned up her Nan-in-law because family is important, she also talked to her about this blog because you should always be open about how you are feeling. She spent two hours sorting out her Christmas shopping because she likes to make people smile. 

I’m still down about struggling to find a job, I hate that Mr P is working 50+ hours a week because I can’t bring in any money. I hate being broke and I hate that I am so keen to work but no-one will give me a chance, but I’m starting to learn a little bit about myself and about what is important.

My Grandad


Last night my Grandad was admitted to hospital with a bleeding stomach ulcer. It was a scary evening as he was rushed into the High Dependency Unit. But, luckily, they caught what it was very quickly and were able to sort it within hours. I was so amazed by the level of care he received, the NHS really is a wonderful thing. My Grandad means the world to me and without the doctors and nurses on call last night he wouldn’t be here today.

Another thing that saved my Grandad’s life was blood. He had lost a lot when he was admitted and needed to receive bags of it in order to survive. Therefore I’m making a little plea... if you are healthy and able... please please give blood. It takes barely any time, it’s painless and you just might save someone’s life. Also you get free biscuits.

So today, I went to visit my Grandad in hospital – wearing red lipstick.



When I sat down he looked at me a little strangely.

“You have bright lipstick on.” He said accusingly.

“Yup!” I replied brightly. “It’s my confidence lipstick.”

He looked at my, slightly incredulously.

“Well you don’t need that!”

Can’t win ‘em all!!

Mrs P

X x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment