Sunday 13 January 2013

This Will Make You Happy

Who Wants to See Something Amazingly Happy??


*stick with this one, it's worth it*



It’s January, it’s grey and if you’re anything like us then your bank balance has reached a level where the cash machines laugh at you then spit your card out in disgust (damn judgemental cash machines). I blame December, December is like your friend who can drink the bar dry without ever suffering and thinks everyone else is the same. All December does is bombard you with cheerful slogans; “Go on! It’s Christmas! Eat That! Drink That! Yes you do need that £20 novelty reindeer! Yes you need that tin of Quality Street – I know you don’t usually touch them but it’s Christmas! Champagne! More Champagne! Go On....” Etc etc.

Then January slaps you around the face like the mother of all hangovers. You wake up to a bright unforgiving light, make-up smeared everywhere, tights still on and twisted into some kind of painful origami, shame washing over you as you remember that 3am text you really shouldn’t have sent and all you want to do is spend the month on the sofa in your pj’s crying into a pint of water vowing never ever to do it again.

January, more than any other month, is a month where you need to focus on things that make you happy. January is the Monday of the year.

So I thought I’d share with you four that have made me happy this weekend.

#4 Learning to knit.

 



Look! Look at that! I knitted it! It only took me three hours!! I’m not yet sure what it’s for. An action man scarf? A whippet leg warmer? Moustache cover? Who knows! The possibilities are... well ok maybe not endless but use a little imagination!


#3 Singing awesome harmonies with an awesome singer.




I am proud to announce I have made a new friend. Well, I’m not sure if she knows that yet but she’ll learn. We are rehearsing together for C’mon Everybody and she is an amazing singer. I love her; I want to follow her around and bring her coffee and brush her hair for her. This may all sound a little strange – I’m just trying to convey the depths of how awesome she sounds. Not only is she a fantastic singer on her own, when we sing together it sounds amazing. We’ve spend a good chunk of today practising harmonies and it’s made me very happy.

 



#3 People making my husband happy.


Last night my Hubbie performed for the last time with Rock n Roll Paradise. I know how grateful he is to everyone who supported him and so am I. I think he’s wonderful and I always like it when people agree with me (Mr P can back that up himself). To prove how wonderful he is here is a lovely cake given to him by some of his lovely audience which will soon be eaten!



And finally

 

#1


Are you ready for this?

Are you sure?

Are you ready to meet the happiest whales in the world?

Ok....


Ta Daaaa!


These are, without a doubt, the happiest whales I have ever seen in my entire life! I love them so much. They were made in the 60’s and come from Italy. I have named them Englebert and Dink and they’re the humperwhales! They’re sitting on our windowsill.

I love the fact the pig's huddled in the corner like... "What the hell just happened?!"


I haven't got a clue what they're for.... any ideas?

So, that’s what’s made me happy today! I hope you all have things that are making you happy as well.

Mrs P

X x x x x x x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment